I just found a revolutionary new way to change lives. It’s called Kiva. This is from their website:
1) Lenders like you browse profiles of entrepreneurs in need, and choose someone to lend to. When they lend, using PayPal or their credit cards, Kiva collects the funds and then passes them along to one of our microfinance partners worldwide.
2) Kiva’s microfinance partners distribute the loan funds to the selected entrepreneur. Often, our partners also provide training and other assistance to maximize the entrepreneur’s chances of success.
3) Over time, the entrepreneur repays their loan. Repayment and other updates are posted on Kiva and emailed to lenders who wish to receive them.
4) When lenders get their money back, they can re-lend to someone else in need, donate their funds to Kiva (to cover operational expenses), or withdraw their funds.
I’m really impressed by this for a lot of reasons. These are my top two:
* I can make an immediate investment in someone’s life.
* It’s the gift that keeps on giving. Once the loan is repaid, I can re-invest that money into someone else’s life.
I’m doing my best to get a link added into my sidebar over there —–> but until then, click here to go to Kiva’s website. Check it out!
Better yet, make a loan! You can lend as little as $25. The one I chose is the Banda B7 B Group. They’re at only 56% funding for their loan and could really use your help! Click their name to lend them a hand.